Mark Borenstein is an experienced attorney with a demonstrated focus on real estate, corporate law, banking, and regulatory matters. Mark’s breadth of knowledge and experience in representing individuals, companies and nonprofit organizations in connection with the acquisition and sale of real estate, leasing and land use, development and permitting make him an asset to the Real Estate & Environmental Practice Area.
Mark regularly appears before municipal boards and commissions to obtain necessary permitting and licensing. He assists business clients with entity formation, transactional matters and regulatory compliance as well. Mark also advises nonprofits on matters relating to corporate governance and applications for tax exemption.
Clients often turn to Mark for his broad knowledge of the local Worcester community, culture, and businesses. He is also a member of the 2018 “40 Under Forty” class, an honor given by the Worcester Business Journal.
Prior to joining Bowditch, Mark was an Associate at Seder & Chandler, LLP where he focused his practice on transactional matters, including business acquisitions, real estate, and land use matters. He also represented lenders in commercial workouts.
Mark is an avid traveler, having visited other countries spanning across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Mark can also speak conversational Spanish.
- Corporator and Trustee, Worcester Historical Museum
- Officer and Director, Squares Squared, Inc. (Operator of POW! WOW! Worcester)
- Organizer, Worcester Jewish History Project (in collaboration with the Worcester Historical Museum)
- Corporator, Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Director, Worcester Jewish Community Center, Inc.
- Officer and Director, Latin American Health Alliance of Central Massachusetts, Inc.
- Member, Worcester County Bar Association – Executive Committee
- City of Worcester Community Development Advisory Committee
- Leadership Worcester, Class of 2015
Articles + Talks
- “Before you open the hot new restaurant…,” Worcester Business Journal, September 3, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- New York
- J.D., Western New England University School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst