Andrew Stern is an associate in the Business & Finance Practice Area. Andrew’s practice focuses on commercial lending and debt securities. He advises clients in the facilitation and structuring of tax-exempt, tax-credit and taxable bond financings and has experience with derivative swap transactions and regulatory compliance. Andrew serves as bond counsel, borrower’s counsel, purchaser’s counsel, issuer’s counsel and underwriter’s counsel on a variety of conduit and municipal bond transactions.
Prior to joining Bowditch, Andrew clerked for the Honorable Frank J. Bailey and the Honorable Janet E. Bostwick in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts. During law school, Andrew was the research editor for the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest, the Boston College Law School law journal. He also worked as a summer and fall law clerk at a Boston law firm.
An avid Red Sox baseball fan, Andrew plays the piano, loves music by Billy Joel, and enjoys spending time on the water and studying marine life.
- Member, Finance Subcommittee, Bankruptcy Law Section, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Articles + Talks
- “Full Disclosure – Tips, Tricks and Traps for the Unwary in Navigating Public Finance Disclosure Obligations, Part II – The Financial Data Transparency Act and the Evolution of Financial Disclosures in Public Finance,” Bowditch, March 30, 2023
- “Full Disclosure – Tips, Tricks and Traps for the Unwary in Navigating Public Finance Disclosure Obligations, Part I – The Current Disclosure Landscape in Public Finance,” Bowditch, March 16, 2023
- “24th Annual Bankruptcy Law Conference 2023,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., Boston, January 12, 2023
- “Cryptocurrency, Web3 and Decentralized Finance,” Bowditch, September 7, 2022
- J.D., Boston College Law School
- B.A., University of Connecticut