Sandra O’Neill is an established tax attorney, advising clients on federal income tax matters in corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and planning initiatives including the structuring of cross-border and intellectual property buy-in transactions. She also assists clients with partnership and REIT tax issues in the formation of real estate investment funds.
In addition to her law firm background, Sandra has held several in-house counsel positions.
Sandra enjoys running, biking, and swimming and is active in her local community as a parent of two children in Newton public schools.
- American Bar Association
Articles + Talks
- “Tax Planning In Uncertain Times,” Private Wealth Magazine, July 29, 2020
- Let’s Try Again: Reformulating the Economic Substance Doctrine, 121 Tax Notes 1053 (2008)
- Tax Economics 101—The Need for Enforcement, 103 Tax Notes 353 (2004)
- MIPS Revisited, A Problem in Need of Solution (pts 1 and 2), 30 Corp. Tax’n 17 (2003), 31 Corporate Taxation 12 (2004)
- “Business Planning and Investment Changes Due to COVID-19,” Bowditch Legal Podcasts, May 27, 2020
- Panelist, “Opportunity Zone Update,” Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce, January 30, 2020
- Panelist, “Business Lawyers’ Guide to Corporate Tax,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Seminar, June 2011
- Panelist, “Business Lawyers’ Guide to Corporate Tax,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Seminar, July 2010
- Panelist, “Business Lawyers’ Guide to Corporate Tax,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Seminar, November 2008
- New York
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., Harvard University