Amy Morrissey is a corporate attorney who solves complex business issues with sound, real-world legal advice. Maximizing business value through legal expertise, strong business acumen, and a keen ability in strategic planning and execution, she has led transformational change, positioning companies for growth and sustainability in Board Advisor, Senior VP, Operational Consultant and General Counsel roles.
Serving clients in a range of industries, often as their outside general counsel or part-time general counsel, Amy is a strategic legal professional, business leader and board strategist. She has driven exceptional growth for companies through acquisitions and by establishing legal, corporate, compliance, risk and pricing models; guaranteeing financial value; and delivering outstanding ROI for public and private corporations.
Amy’s expertise includes:
- Business strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- IPO and private placement preparedness
- Private placements including angel and venture capital equity financings
- Corporate governance
- Contract review and negotiation, including complex technology contract negotiation and ERP
- Export/import compliance
- Counseling, compliance and training
- Internal investigations
- Employment policies and review
A seasoned negotiator, Amy is skilled in drafting and negotiating complex contracts, providing expert counsel, and directing company policy on a range of in-house and external legal matters. She is known for her ability to counsel and collaborate with executive management on business transactions, disputes, risk management strategies, and general legal and compliance matters for startups and Fortune 100/500 companies.
Amy serves as the editor of the firm’s Corporate Insights publication.
Before joining the firm, Amy spent more than a decade as general counsel for a technology company and oversaw multiple departments, including legal and operations, with more than 170 team members. In this role, she supervised a team of 16 direct reports and managed outside counsel. As general counsel, Amy spearheaded the full lifecycle of key mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence through integration, and led two multimillion-dollar ERP implementations.
Amy has an active and adventurous lifestyle. She loves to skydive, take long hikes, and explore unique international destinations. Amy is an avid pet owner with three dogs.
- Council Member, Business Law Section, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
Articles + Talks
- “Let’s make a deal: The fine art of negotiating business acquisitions,” Worcester Business Journal, May 15, 2023
- “Growing your business: Step one, preparing for the deal,” Worcester Business Journal, April 3, 2023
- “How Do I Protect My Business from a Potential Banking Crisis?,” Bowditch, March 29, 2023
- “Women’s Coffee Chat,” Association of Corporate Counsel – Northeast, May 17, 2023
- J.D., New England Law
- B.A., Purdue University
Amy Morrissey Writes “Let’s make a deal: The fine art of negotiating business acquisitions” for the Worcester Business Journal
Amy Morrissey Writes “Growing your business: Step one, preparing for the deal” for the Worcester Business Journal
Corporate Insights: How Do I Protect My Business from a Potential Banking Crisis?